Art of the State
September 10, 2023 – January 7, 2024
The 56th Art of the State 2023 exhibition includes 86 works of art by 86 Pennsylvania artists from 29 counties of Pennsylvania. Finalists were selected from 1,915 entries from 559 artists. Works were submitted in the categories of Painting, Work on Paper, Photography & Digital Media, Sculpture and Craft.
Art of the State, open to Pennsylvania artists and craftspeople, is an annual juried exhibition held at The State Museum of Pennsylvania. With an established tradition of exhibiting highly creative art chosen by a distinguished panel of jurors, Art of the State provides an opportunity for both established and emerging Pennsylvania artists to exhibit their art and receive statewide recognition.
Art of the State is presented by The State Museum of Pennsylvania in association with the Pennsylvania Heritage Foundation.
2023 Juror Information
- Deborah Pinter, Artist and Adjunct Professor, Cleveland Institute of Art
- Kyle Hackett, Assistant Professor of Painting & Drawings, James Madison University School of Art, Design, and Art History
- Jennifer Zwilling, Curator and Director of Artists Programs, The Clay Studio
- Jeremiah William McCarthy, Chief Curator, Westmoreland Museum of American Art
Juror biographies are available at the Call for Entry site.
Timeline of Events Art of the State 2023
January 13 – May 5th
Call for Entries
Week of June 19
E-mail notifications of juror results
Deadline to confirm information
July 15 – 23
January 7, 2024
January 20-28, 2024
Art of the state 2023
- Award Winners
- Exhibit Catalog
- Artist’s Statements
- Exhibit Walk Through
- Art of the State 2023 FLICKR Gallery