Groups & Schools
Group General Admission
$4 – Student and Chaperone
Free – School Staff, Group Leader, and Medical Personnel Required by Group
Groups of 10 or more children of appropriate age may book at the group rate and receive 45 minutes of play before Curiosity Connection opens for the day. If more time in Curiosity Connection is preferred, standard admission fees will apply.
Group Admission for Planetarium
|$2 each + Museum Admission||Planetarium Show|
|$3 each + Museum Admission||Planetarium Show + Pre-show Tonight’s Sky|
|$2 each||Additional Planetarium Show|
Please take note of our policies before booking your reservation:
- A group must consist of 10 or more people.
- Group admission fees must be paid at one time. Individual visitors, within a group making payments, do not qualify as a group and will be charged the general admission rates.
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance or standard admission fees will apply.
- Membership benefits, complimentary passes, and other discounts do not apply to group visits/shows/group guided experiences.
- Group rates do not apply to special admission days or special events.
- Cancellation Policy: Please let us know if you must cancel your visit by calling 717-772-6997.
- The Museum has small inside area for groups to eat. This space is available by reservation on a first-come-first serve basis. The outdoor plaza is available in good weather. The PA State Capitol Building has limited tables that are available to reserve through the Capitol Tour Guide Office.
- Bagged lunches must be in boxes or coolers clearly labeled with the Group Name/Teacher Name and will be stowed in the Orientation Room.
- Refrigeration is unavailable.
- Food or beverages of any kind, including water, are not allowed in the Museum Galleries.
Students may not carry bags or backpacks through the Museum.
- Promote “If you don’t need it; don’t bring it” with your students, chaperones, and additional staff.
- The Museum reserves the right to inspect all bags.
- The Museum is not responsible for any lost or stolen item.
- Lockers are available for chaperone bags, on a limited basis.
Bus Drop-off & Check In
Our Bus Lane, beside the Museum on North Street just before the Third Street intersection, is reserved for bus drop off and pick up only. Buses are permitted to return 15 minutes before scheduled pick up. No bus parking is available in the Capitol Complex.
Group Visit Request Form
Thank you for your interest in visiting The State Museum of Pennsylvania. Submit your request below and our reservationist will be in contact to confirm visit details. Please remember your visit is not confirmed until you have received a confirmation email from our staff.