The State Museum’s parent agency, the Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission (PHMC) will begin welcoming visitors to state-owned historic sites and museums, including The State Museum on Friday, April 30 with reduced hours of operation and limited capacity. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for important updates.
The State Museum of Pennsylvania will reopen to visitors on Friday, April 30, with reduced hours of operation and limited capacity.
Wednesday – Saturday, 9 AM-3 PM
Sunday, 12 Noon – 3 PM
All visitors will be required to wear masks and social distance throughout their Museum visit. Capacity will be limited. To ensure your space we are encouraging pre-reservation of admission tickets. Please visit phmc.info/SMOPTickets or call 717-772-6997 to pre-register. Member may reserve timed tickets also in advance. Walk-ins will be accepted, as well, on a limited basis.
Guidelines for visiting:
- Face masks covering nose and mouth required to enter and visit the museum at all times.
- Practice Social Distancing. Stay six feet away from anyone not in your household. If you see that an exhibit area is occupied, move to the next exhibit.
- Wash Hands Often. Our restrooms are open and disinfected throughout the day. Hand sanitizer is available at lobby entrance and on each floor of the building.
- Take the stairs or escalator when possible.
- Passenger elevator is limited to two people or the group you came with.
- Limited access to water fountains, some bottle fillers will be available. Please plan ahead.
- Vending area will be closed.
- Walk-in groups, over 10 people, will be asked to split into smaller groups to enter the building.
- If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or are experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and loss of taste or smell, please visit the museum at a later date.
The State Museum will also be following general safety guidelines laid out by PHMC. As well as:
- No events or gatherings will be permitted at this time. An update will be provided when events and gatherings can resume.
- Groups, of all types, will not be booked until the Fall.
- Due to capacity concerns, Curiosity Connection, the Planetarium, and Auditorium will remain closed through Labor Day 2021.