The State Museum of Pennsylvania is open.
Wednesday – Saturday, 9 AM- 5 PM
Sunday, 12 Noon – 5 PM
To ensure your entry experience is smooth, we are encouraging pre-reservation of admission tickets. Please visit phmc.info/SMOPTickets to pre-register. It is not required to pre-purchase, you may also just arrive at the door. Member may reserve timed tickets also in advance.
Guidelines for visiting:
- Practice Social Distancing. Stay six feet away from anyone not in your household. If you see that an exhibit area is occupied, move to the next exhibit.
- Wash Hands Often. Our restrooms are open and disinfected throughout the day. Hand sanitizer is available at lobby entrance and on each floor of the building.
- Take the stairs or escalator when possible.
- Passenger elevator is limited to two people or the group you came with.
- Limited access to water fountains, some bottle fillers will be available. Please plan ahead.
- Vending area will be closed.
- Walk-in groups, over 10 people, will be asked to split into smaller groups to enter the building.
- If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or are experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and loss of taste or smell, please visit the museum at a later date.
- No events or gatherings will be permitted at this time. An update will be provided when events and gatherings can resume.
- Groups, of all types, will not be booked until the Fall.
- Due to capacity concerns, Curiosity Connection, the Planetarium, and Auditorium will remain closed through Labor Day 2021.