Group General Admission
|Free||Teacher/Group Leader, and Medical Personnel required by group|
Group Fees for Planetarium
|$2 each + museum admission||Planetarium show|
|$1 each + planetarium show||Pre-show Tonight’s Sky|
|$2 each||Additional planetarium show|
Group Guided Experiences
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 39 participants and chaperones, 1 teacher required
ESTIMATED DURATION: 45 minutes
FEE: $75 Plus Museum Admission
Click for a full listing of available programs.
- Want to speed up your reservation? Fill in this request form and email to our Reservations Desk
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Phone: (717) 772-6997
- Email: Reservations Desk
- A group must consist of 10 people or more.
- Membership benefits, complimentary passes, and other discounts do not apply to group visits.
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance or standard admission fees will apply.
- Groups rates do not apply to special admission days or special events.
- Group Admission Fees must be paid at one time. Individual visitors, within a group making payments, do not qualify as a group and will be charged the general admission rates.
- If your group has special needs accommodation, please let us know when you make your reservation.
- The State Museum reserves the right to adjust all rates and fees without prior notice.
- Please let us know if you must cancel your visit by calling 717-772-6997. You must contact the Museum separately from the Capitol.
- Check your confirmation email to make sure your reservation is correct.
- Download this interactive Self-Guided Tour to help your chaperones engage with your students.
- Download and print a copy of the Museum Map.
- Upon arrival, Group leaders should check in with Museum staff at the group entrance on North Street prior to the group entering the building.
Students may not carry bags or backpacks through the Museum.
- Promote “If you don’t need it; don’t bring it” with your students, chaperones, and additional staff.
- The Museum reserves the right to inspect all bags.
- The Museum is not responsible for any lost or stolen item.
- Lockers are available for chaperone bags, on a limited basis.
- The Museum does not have an inside area for groups to eat. Our outside plaza is available in good weather.
- Bagged lunches must be in boxes or coolers clearly labelled with the Group Name/Teacher Name and will be stowed in the Orientation Room.
- Refrigeration is unavailable.
- Food or beverages of any kind, including water, are not allowed in the Museum Galleries.
Our Bus Lane, beside the Museum on North Street just before the Third Street intersection, is reserved for bus drop off and pick up only. Buses are permitted to return 15 minutes before scheduled pick up. No bus parking is available in the Capitol Complex.