- Curiosity Connection is The State Museum’s exciting, hands-on environment for imaginative children ages 1-5.
- Admission to Curiosity Connection is included with general admission.
- Groups of 10 or more may book at the group rate and receive a 45-minutes of play. Groups of 10 or more must schedule in advance by emailing the Reservations Office or calling (717) 772-6997. If more time in Curiosity Connection is preferred, standard admission fees will apply.
- Capacity is limited to 45 visitors and all children must be accompanied by an adult.
- On high visitation days, The State Museum reserves the right, without prior notification, to issue timed tickets which provide 45 minutes of play for our visitors on a first come, first served basis.
StoryTime is our popular reading series for children age 2 to Pre-Kindergarten. Program features one book per month with readings on the first Friday of every month and repeated the third Saturday of the month at 10:30 AM. StoryTime includes a reading and a related hands-on activity in a Museum gallery or in Curiosity Connection. Come join us to learn, discover, and play!
Join Museum Educators to discover the world around us. Each lesson will include a brief discussion about the featured subject followed by experiments, crafts, or activities! Specifically designed for visitors in Kindergarten to Grade 2 and their chaperones. Curiosity Kids is included with Museum General Admission. To secure you spot in the program, please sign up at Front Desk as you arrive at the Museum. Space is limited. Learn through investigation. Be curious!
Things Parents Need To Know
Please refrain from bringing the following into Curiosity Connection:
- Food and drink
- Laptops/tablets and other electronics
Adults are responsible for encouraging safe play, sharing, and picking up of play things.