The State Museum’s parent agency, the Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission (PHMC) will begin welcoming visitors to state-owned historic sites and museums, including The State Museum on Friday, April 30 with reduced hours of operation and limited capacity.
- Curiosity Connection is The State Museum’s exciting, hands-on environment for imaginative children ages 1-5.
- Admission to Curiosity Connection is included with general admission.
- Groups of 10 or more may book at the group rate and receive a 45-minutes of play. Groups of 10 or more must schedule in advance by emailing the Reservations Office or calling (717) 772-6997. If more time in Curiosity Connection is preferred, standard admission fees will apply.
- Capacity is limited to 45 visitors and all children must be accompanied by an adult.
- On high visitation days, The State Museum reserves the right, without prior notification, to issue timed tickets which provide 45 minutes of play for our visitors on a first come, first served basis.
StoryTime is our popular reading series for children aged 3 to 5. Program occurs first Friday of every month at 10:30 AM. StoryTime includes a reading and a related hands-on activity in a Museum gallery or in Curiosity Connection. Come join us to learn and explore!
Join Museum Educators to explore the world around us. Each lesson will include a brief chat about the subject followed by experiments, crafts, and activities! Specifically designed for visitors age 4-7 and their chaperones. Included with Museum General Admission. Learn through investigation!
Things Parents Need To Know
Please refrain from bringing the following into Curiosity Connection:
- Food and drink
- Laptops/tablets and other electronics
Adults are responsible for encouraging safe play, sharing, and picking up of play things.