cdl-F7-879v1-Johnson-Chair

This plank chair has been the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission's collection since at least 1943. John D. Johnson, “chairmaker”, marked this chair with his name and address, 179 F.8. North Front Street, a location he listed from 1849 to 1852.

This plank chair has been the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission’s collection since at least 1943. Plank chairs, such as this one, were popular utilitarian pieces of furniture during the mid-1800s.

This plank chair has been the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission’s collection since at least 1943. John D. Johnson, “chairmaker”, marked this chair with his name and address, 179 F.8. North Front Street, a location he listed from 1849 to 1852.

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.