Group General Admission
|Free||Teacher/Group Leader, and Medical Personnel required by group|
Group Fees for Planetarium, StoryTime, Classes and Tours
|$2 each + museum admission||Planetarium show|
|$1 each + planetarium show||Pre-show Tonight’s Sky|
|$2 each||Additional planetarium show|
|$2 each + museum admission||Classes|
|$2 each + museum admission||Tours (unavailable April & May)|
|$2 each + museum admission||StoryTime (unavailable April & May)|
- A group must consist of 10 people or more.
- Membership benefits, passes, and other discounts do not apply to group visits.
- Saturday or Sunday groups MUST pay their fees the Friday (by 4PM) before scheduled arrival.
- Groups rates for classes, tours, and planetarium do not apply to free or discounted admission days.
- Group admission rates include 45 minutes of play in Curiosity Connection for guests age 5 and under and their chaperones. If more play time is preferred, standard general admission fees will apply.
- We reserve the right to sell tickets into all scheduled planetarium shows and programs. For a private planetarium show, additional fee applies, ask our preservationist.
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance or standard admission fees will apply.
- Group Admission Fees MUST be paid as a group total. Individual visitors, within a group making payments, do not qualify as a group and will be charged the standard general admission rates.
- If your group has special needs accommodation, please let us know when you make your reservation.
- The State Museum reserves the right to adjust all rates and fees without prior notice.
- Please let us know if you must cancel your visit by calling 717-772-6997. You must contact the Museum separately from the Capitol.
Students may NOT carry bags or backpacks through the Museum. All adult bags larger than 12” wide x 12” high x 4” deep are required to be stowed in the Orientation Room.
- Exception will be made for the group leader and medical personnel only.
- Promote “If you don’t need it; don’t bring it” with your students, chaperones, and additional staff.
- The Museum reserves the right to inspect all bags.
- The Museum is not responsible for any lost or stolen item.
- Lockers are available for chaperone bags, on a limited basis.
Please Note: Non-adherence to bag limitations may delay your groups entrance to the Museum disrupting your schedule for the day.
- The Museum does NOT have an inside area for groups to eat. Our outside plaza is always available.
- Bagged lunches must be in boxes or coolers clearly labelled with the Group Name/Teacher Name and will be stowed in the Orientation Room.
- Refrigeration is unavailable
- Food or beverages of any kind, including water, are not allowed in the Museum Galleries.
- All food and drink must be stored in the Orientation Room.
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Phone: (717) 772-6997
- Email: Diane Wynkoop
- Check your confirmation email to make sure your reservation is correct.
- Download and print copies of the State Museum of PA Scavenger Hunt.
- Click here to print the Scavenger Hunt Answer Key.
- Prior to arriving, please review our Guidelines for Teachers and Chaperones 2017.
- Upon arrival, Group leaders should check in with Museum staff at the group entrance on North Street prior to the group entering the building.
- Group lunches must be stored in boxes or coolers and distinctly marked with the school name and teacher name. The Museum is not responsible for loss or damage of lunches.
Our Bus Lane, beside the Museum on North Street just before the Third Street intersection, is reserved for bus drop off and pick up only. Buses are permitted to return 15 minutes before scheduled pick up. No bus parking is available in the Capitol Complex.
- Street Parking and Garages
Or call Park Harrisburg at (717) 255-3099
- Farm Show Complex
Must call ahead to reserve, contact Farm Show security at (717) 346-4233