Make your own cork pendant or magnet
Materials – Wine Corks, Sharp Knife, Light Sand Paper, Acrylic Paint and Brushes or Paint Pens, Small Decorative Stamps, Permanent Ink Stamp Pad, Fine Permanent Markers, 5mm eye screw or magnet and glue
- Ask an adult to cut the wine corks into slices at desired widths using a sharp knife. Be VERY CAREFUL to keep your fingers away from the knife and work on a protected surface.
- When you have your cork sliced, lightly sand both sides to create flat surfaces.
- Paint the flat surface, or both surfaces if you want to decorate both sides, and allow them to dry fully. This will be the base for stamping or drawing a design. You can also use a paint pen.
- Once the paint is dry, you can stamp or draw an image with permanent makers onto the front of the cork slice. Allow the cork to dry fully before stamping over a pattern. You do not need to use an image that is small enough to fit. Try stamping partial images. Wait until the surface is completely dry, then repeat on the opposite side.
- Insert a 5 mm eye screw into the curved top of each slice for hanging. The pendant can hang from a necklace, bracelet or you can hang it from a ribbon and decorate a tree. Or glue a magnet to the back of the cork slice and stick it on your refrigerator.